Open Call Edition 2023
Open Call / Cumplicidades 2023_ Foreign artists living in Portugal
CUMPLICIDADES – International Contemporary Dance Festival of Lisbon, invites international projects, for foreign artists living in Portugal, to integrate the programme of the next edition, which will take place in May 2023 in Lisbon.
This call is intended to gather proposals from foreign creators resident in the country for the presentation of performances to be held in conventional or non-conventional stage spaces, exhibition spaces or in a street context.
As this is a Dance festival, it is expected that the proposals presented take into consideration this specificity, either as a means of critical and theoretical reflection, or as a form of artistic production and practice.
With a distinct curatorship at each edition, the festival stands out by the fact that its programme line is always renewed, enhancing different visions and approaches in the field of contemporary dance. The theme established by Luiz Antunes, curator of the national programme of Cumplicidades in 2023, is Face to Face, We are all Sapiens, with an implicit interpellation to the reflection on the troubled aspects of the times we live in. Its programming contemplates the limits and borders, in terms of culture and territory, as well as in the experience of bodies and interiority. This open call launches the challenge to address and expand these issues, from the point of view of international artists currently living in Portugal.
The selection of projects will be made by the EIRA team, with the aim of integrating the international programme – this should be articulated with the programme line defined by Luiz Antunes, in order to create a thematic cohesion of the programme.
– Priority will be given to projects that have not been presented in Lisbon;
– Each applicant should send only one project;
– The application may be made individually or by artistic collectives (formal or informal);
– Applications are accepted in Portuguese, Spanish and English;
– The festival covers all the costs inherent to the presentation: cachet, expenses related to technique, accommodation (when not based in Lisbon), food and transport;
– Hiring will comply with the rules of the Statute for Workers of Culture
Deadline for sending proposals: 15 June 2022
Email responses: 1 July 2022
Submission period: May 2023 (precise dates to be defined in future)
How to apply:
Send to the email firstname.lastname@example.org (maximum weight of 10MB), with subject “Convocation_Name of Artist” , the following information (PDF file):
* Contact details (Name, email, mobile)
* Synopsis of the project
* Brief biography of the members of the artistic team
* Technical rider
* Financial conditions
* Link to full video
* Images / Photos
If you have any doubts or questions, please send an email to email@example.com